Monday, August 10, 2009

"Songs for Sarah" Lyircs



Radio Girl


she loves the radio

she loves her momma and her dad

she likes to stay at home

she said the world is turning mad

she likes to stay up late

and drink wine until she cries

she said the world is turning cold

I love the radio she said

I listen every day

I love the radio she said

I listen every day

we melt like icicles

beneath the yellow dusky sky

and when the evening came

she blinked her eyes and tried to sigh

and all the toxic fumes

invaded every single pore

she said the world is growing old

the radio plays all my favorite songs


Spill Some Sugar (On Me Honey)


if the blue jays had their way today

the sunny sky would scatter all its rays

don’t think about throwing stars away

we were laughing at the frozen rain

bouncing electrons in my brain

take your worries and flush them down the drain

spill some sugar on me honey

and the sun it shines like a grain of sand

on the beach when you hold my hand

I close my eyes and I slowly melt away

spill some sugar on me honey


Pigs


I heard a lovely flowing melody

I want to see you smile happily

how come the elders have no memory?

just like a train wreck that we had to see

and all the baby pigs

walk along the street and

rainbows lead

to the forest where the

seeds still grow

come along

we’ll see a hopeless broken symphony

just like a twisted unsolved mystery

we’ll have a lovely peaceful century

I want to save you from an injury

I want to

feed my friends

until they fall asleep because

babies eat

brown bananas in the

scalding sun

still alive but only

hanging on all day long


Song #4


we walked upon the velvet sand

you held my heart within your hand

slip away to another day

yesterday you were my friend

good to see you once again

slip away to another day

I taped your pictures on my walls

summer melted into fall

slip away to another day


You Don’t Have to Go


I’m sad today

you stayed in hotel

and the moon it shined all day

and the sky

it was green

you spilled kool-aid

in my eyes

and now I’m plastic like the sea

you don’t have to go

you don’t have to go oh oh

I sleep all night

and I live all day

the sun beats down

we laugh and play

you know you’re right

but that’s ok

I love you more

than yesterday


Red Flies


red flies crash the town

they won’t bring us down

stay watch shadows play

please don’t go away

don’t go away


sores no one can mend

sweet dreams that you send

our love that we lend

worlds born with no end

born with no end


The Happy Song


let’s go outside in the sun

the grass is green everyone

is so alive I like you

let’s go outside because

today is a happy happy day

let’s go outside in the rain

the dirt is brown this is lame

we all will die I hate you

let’s go outside because

today is a crappy crappy day


Walking Through the Rain


we were walking through the rain

but I did not feel the pain

that was swimming through my veins

that was there before you came to me

and the rockets and the flames

and the secrets and the stains

and the goblins and the cranes

that were there before you came to me


Angels #1


angels swimming in the sun today

scare the hornets in the trees away

shadows waving in the streets today

hey hey

silver raindrops call your name today

happy leap day let’s go out and play

make the voices disappear today

seven yellow tulips weep today

send the demons in my head away

pumpkins rotting on my stairs today


Pictures


new pictures of you

sell your blood too

they will rob you

who knows it like you

so fresh and new

just say you do

white tailed doves on the ground

sleep well and don’t make a sound

goodbye I’ll see you in town

roadside flowers can’t hide

don’t blink your plastic eyes

pretty smile but screaming inside


Daydreams

and you’re running through the garden

and the rabbits have all hidden

and the mints have too much sugar

and your brain has felt much better

and the jet stream flows different

the water tastes different

your shadow smiles different

and my daydreams end different

you’re staring in the mirror

and your time is one day nearer

and the daylight has no savings

and the flags can’t help but waving

she’s not the kind of girl who lives in the sun

she’s not the kind of girl who lives in the sun


Shadows


blood in my hands

draw with some crayons

shadows and clouds

don’t breathe too loud

everything is so so wrong

too sick to try

don’t ask me why

send my your rhymes

don’t have the time


Pink Roses


it’s summer summertime

I like it like it fine

you’re leaving I’ll sleep late

worlds filled with too much hate

I really like you tell me what to write

I really like you let’s stay home tonight

save birdies on the ground

we heard them make sweet sounds

pink roses in the sun

please tell me when they’re done

the stars in the sky won’t always shine


Yellow Daisies


I was sitting in my room

daisies bleeding on my legs

they were yellow

like a canary in a cage

the sun is shining

through the cracks in the sky

we’re made of ashes

of stars that sparkle and fry

we sat together in the month of July

I was staring through your eyes

cell phones ringing in my brain

I ate some jello

sweet glucose flowing through my veins

the sun is shining

through the cracks in the clouds










No comments:

Post a Comment